July 24, 2008
Traveling tips from Kelli!
1. You DO want to arrive to the airport in plenty of time for your flight, not, however, so early that the shuttle isn't running yet and the ticket counter hasn't opened (on the other side of that, arriving 20 minutes before the plane takes off is not a good idea, but if that does happen to occur, check your luggage curbside and give the man a generous tip, works every time...).
2. You DO want to actually go to bed the night before, so you don't have the same dark circles under your eyes that I do.
3. You DO want to bring a light jacket, as the airport is ALWAYS cold, even if you're traveling
somewhere where it's going to be 90 degrees.
4. You DO want to utilize the free wifi at said airport (by the way, San Diego has free internet, so does Las Vegas and Wilmington, NC. Philly has free wifi for students and everyone else gets it on the weekends). While you wait stake your claim on an outlet as soon as possible. If you get bored on the plane you'll want your computer and you will be very sad if it dies.
5. If you have a camera, make sure to bring your sniper lens (ie 200mm+) so as to provide endless entertainment shooting pictures of unsuspecting passengers who were also too early.
6. It'd be a good idea to eat something within 12 or so hours of flying besides some dark chocolate.
7. iPod's and sudoku can provide hours of enjoyment. Be certain to include games, movies, and/or books on said iPod.
8. If you snore or drool, do try to stay awake. It's for your own good, I promise.
9. Keep some basic toiletries in your carry on so when/if your airline is stupid and you get stranded in a dumpy New Jersey motel that gives you a toothbrush but no toothpaste, you can maintain some form of hygeine.
10. Be kind and courteous to all other flying passengers and airport officials, you may just get something out of it (like not having to pay for overweight luggage, or just getting them to like you).
PS: I still have an hour