My blog is actually at

http://www.kellinicolephotography.com

You should be automatically redirected
Please update your bookmarks!

July 28, 2008

J&S proposal!!!

While in Mexico S had the brilliant idea to officially propose to J and I got to be in on the secret!!! Oh my, it was so much fun. We were supposed to do it Saturday night during a sunset beach shoot, but with rain, rivers flooding the beaches, private beaches, etc, we ended up taking several taxi's, a bus, and walking in the rain a lot and eventually gave up and went to dinner at an amazing restaurant over looking the town. We did get some pretty cool sunset pics when the rain lightened up, but the beach was far too crowded and not that nice for a proposal.

J said we had her 100% convinced she'd be going home without a ring (yes, we did do TONS of engagement pics before he actually proposed). She'd been expecting a proposal on Saturday, so it was fun that we were able to throw her off. Sunday morning we got up at sunrise and went down to the beach. I was able to get her away from S for a few minutes (she said I should win an oscar for my acting abilities :) ) and when he came back to get us I ran ahead of them so I could capture this:












It was perfect. She kept yelling into the ocean "I'm engaged!!!!" and she couldn't stop smiling!

You can check out her whole story here. Read it, she's a wonderful writer and it's a great story!

To those who know the lucky couple, please remember to refrain from using 'that groom's' name :)

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Awww, I got chills and a little teary eyed! How wonderful for them to have those pictures to remember that moment for the rest of their lives! The colors look so vibrant, and you captured her pure joy so beautifully!!!!!!

ChrisS said...

Ditto to what Brooke said. My sentiments exactly.

Anson Gessel Pho+ography said...

That ring shot is phenomenal! Can I have it and say I took it? j/k

Looks ilke you are really developing your style.

Denise said...

Kelli,
I love these shots. Thank you soooo much for letting us be apart of such a special moment. I love that we can see Jenna's face and share her emotion. I am so excited that you are going to be in Seattle.

Kelli Nicole said...

Thanks Denise!!! I'm so excited to be there too :). Can't wait!